Last article we talked about agile frameworks and the difference between them. Today we will talk about Scrum Framework and how the scrum framework is composed?
What Scrum is?!
The below image describe to us the scrum framework in Action as described by Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland in their book Software in 30 Days.
The 3 pillars of Scrum:
Scrum Team roles while Scrum team consists of three sections:
- Scrum master
- Product owner
- Development team, we will introduce each section in a detailed way Now.
First: The Scrum Master:
The main key responsibility of the Scrum Master is to help the team to understand and follow Scrum theory, according to the Scrum Guide, “The Scrum Master is accountable for establishing Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Scrum Master does this by helping everyone understand Scrum theory and practice, both within the Scrum Team and the Organization.”
- Responsible for the Scrum Team effectiveness by helping the Scrum Team to improve its practices”.
- Make sure that All the needed meetings are done in clear ways.
- Make sure that any meeting is done within the appropriate timebox. A timebox is a Scrum concept refers to the estimated duration of an event.
- Acts as a coach to the Scrum Team to encourage the team to build the product in the time frame. They also support the team by creating a helpful and clear and collaborative environment so the project’s goals are achieved.
The Scrum Master plays the role of coach to the Scrum Team—He/She encourages the team to build the product in the time frame and also supports the team by creating a collaborative environment so the project’s goals are achieved.
The Scrum Master’s duties:
- Train the team members about self-management and cross-functionality
- Help the Team to focus on delivering high-value that meet the Definition of Done.
- Remove all the impediments that Scrum Team faces in the progress process.
- Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and keep it within the timebox.
Scrum Master Needed Skills:
- Scrum Masters must have a deep knowledge of the Agile Management Methodology.
- Scrum Master must explain the task and its relevance to the product.
- Scrum Master should be well organized.
- They also need leadership skills as they can set achievable goals for the teams.
- Set the daily meetings.
- Assist the product owner with the product backlog
Second: The Product Owner:
According to the Scrum Guide, “The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product as a result of work of the Scrum Team. How this is completed may also vary broadly across the organizations, Scrum Teams, and individuals. The product owner is responsible for client get full satisfaction from the team by making sure every part of the product backlog is done perfectly by :
- Explain the project purpose and what is the client requirement
- Creating product backlog
- Make sure is product backlog is very understood and transparent to the team.
Product Owner Skills
- The product owner must have a wide range of information in many fields to understand client needs from different backgrounds and clear any misunderstands through the project process.
- The product owner must build a trust relationship with the client that will help to make the product successful.
Third: The Development Team:
The development team is the team responsible to make product backlog and user stories done the responsibilities of the team are:
- Make a plan for sprints that is given by the product owner.
- Make sure to achieve the definition of done through the sprint.
- Corporate to each other to achieve the sprint goal.
- Execute sprints by designing, developing, testing.
Google agile project management course